Room 37 CORE Standards:
Room 37 Beliefs:
- Every student has the right to learn
- Every student has a gift and does not need superpowers to be a superhero
- Every student has something to offer
- Every student has passions and goals and should be encouraged in those passions and goals
- Every student will excel in some areas and struggle in others
- Failure is a mindset: What we do with failure determines our success
- Learning is not knowing something, it is doing something with what is known
- 5th grade is a stepping stone and does not determine a student's success
I believe parent involvement in their child's education is vital to the success of their child. Parents are always welcome in Room 37. I invite any and all parents to come visit or help in the classroom. Parents can volunteer for any amount of time that works for them and their schedule. Just being present in the classroom is valuable to the classroom environment. Parents are valuable components to the classroom.
I send out daily emails that explain the activities that occurred throughout the day. I also include important due dates for projects and homework along with upcoming events. In order to receive the daily email, parents must have a working email PowerSchool. If you would like to add an email to PowerSchool, please contact the front desk for assistance.